We read the book "The Glorious Flight" written by: Alice & Martin Provensen last week. "The Glorious Flight" was a true story based on the life of Louis Bleriot-- the first person to fly over the English Channel. It is a very educational book and there is a variety of things you can learn along with it.
Here is a list of our weekly studies:
- We traced Papa Bleriots trip from France to England on our map.
- We learned about the culture of both France and England.
- We made lego flags of France and England.
- Worked on Ordinal Numbers.
- Learned about Roman Numerals.
- Labeled parts of an airplane.
- Leaned about different types of airplanes.
- Made paper airplanes.
- Learned the science vocabulary word: Gravity
- Learned about the first Hot Air Balloon Ride. (The first ride happened in France and the passengers were a sheep, duck and a rooster. The ride lasted for a grand total of 15 minutes before it came crashing to the ground. The balloon was called "Aerostat Reveillon".)
- We learned about Joan Of Arc and Queen Elizabeth I.
- We read and learned about Brave Harriet (the first woman to fly across the English Channel.)
- Watched a movie on netflix about The Wright Brothers and read more about them also.
It was a glorious week :)
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.